- Blockchain Project Definition
- Tokenization, including legal aspects (tax, company law…)
- Utility tokens, Equity Tokens, Non-fungible tokens
- Training and pre-production for AMF ICO Visa (spring 2019)
- Capped fees
Business Model improvements
By working on many projects at inception and pre-funding stages, since 2016, MDTI gathered experience that will help define your Blockchain project in a much clearer way. Your idea is great, but it needs to be financed: investors will not invest on great ideas supported by shallow implementation. It is also an opportunity to invent something new! Try us and you will see how we can help on all and every aspects of your projects.
Legal Opinions and reviews
Know Your Coin! A legal Opinion is a legal analysis of the project. It can be made available to investors and to the public as part of the ICO documentation.
Legal reviews are private legal opinions from a lawyer to a client. Private review generally include recommendations on both legal and technical aspects, are related to implementatioon and governance. In any case, they are in-depth analysis that take multiple dimensions of the project into account:
- General structure of the project, translation of the smart contracts and/or tokenomics into legal language.
- Legal Compliance: define the direct and indirect legal ecosystem of a project, and whether the project complies with applicable laws and regulations.
- Data Privacy and GDPR is a substantial part of any blockchain project and due to the traceable and immutable character of transaction records. It is nowadays essential to provide a legal opinion about data privacy and GDPR compliance as soon as a project has points of contacts with any State applying similar regulations, in or outside the EU. GDPR promotes “privacy by design”, and it is important to take this regulation into account as soon as the actual development begins.
- Tax and Jurisdiction issues allow investors to know more about the tax regime applicable to the project, the qualification of the tokens as securities, utilities, or else.
- KYC review of classic elements of identification of the company, and inclusion of additional elements of KYC if applicable.
Investors KYC (Know Your Company)
- Investors’KYC has been imagined for founders to offer even more trust to their investors in a sector with a high risk of fraud or fake ICO.
- The KYC process is based on independent legal authorities which are recognized at the European and international level and which statements are receivable in Court as evidences. The authority differs from a judicial system or another, USA will notarize the process, while EU continental systems will recourse to bailiffs and “huissiers”.
- The added value of MDTI first resides the in the follow-up for the duration of the ICO, and common standards for all our clients.
- Secondly, it can be adapted to a blockchain service of your choice – such as documented ID Tokens – in order to offer a valid and solid Proof of “Actual” Authority .
Team and Advisor Contracts
- Team contracts close a deal between the entrepreneur and the Post-ICO team, which are not yet employed but may already be part of your project as freelances or as other types of stake holders. Team members are the main asset of the company, without which the best idea may fail. Pre-ICO contracts should detail the condition to apply in case of successful ICO and other various conditions.
- Advisors contracts summarize the agreement between founders and their advisors.
- The ICO is a one-shot attempt that should be lauched once all details have been examined and the project corrected accordingly. New laws and regulations appear regularily, hence the necessity to ensure that legal terms are safe and up-to-date.
- Post-ICO legal operations are diverse and start with the development and execution of smart contracts, and extends to renting new offices, additional staff, entering new contracts and partnerships, and more.
AMF ICO Visa
The Visa is not yet ready and conditions to obtain it are not yet defined at a legal level. However, discussions with the Authorities allows us to know about a few elements that will be applicable in any case. Moreover, Data Authorities have expressed the wish to authorize the Visa only at certain “GDPR conditions”.
MDTI Legal masters all these aspects and a lot of work can already be done in order to prepare for the Visa. Don’t miss this opportunity to be prepared as soon as the Visa is official.
Lawyers often take pro-bono fees on ICOs that they helped succeed. The percentage is often 3% to 5% of the funds, depending on market condition and the implication of the legal team or advisor.
MDTI-Legal also applies pro-bono fees, but fees are capped: eventhouh we helped your project become real, acting as a true partner and advisor, investors are investing on a project and its team, not on the audit and legal teams that are necessary for the ICO only. Our fees are capped because we do not need a full stake in the project, and want to see the funds used for the project itself.
We opt-in on your project once we are sure the project is serious. We do not advise “scams” in any cases.