Legal Opinions and reviews
Know Your Coin! MDTI Legal Opinion is a legal analysis of the project. It can be made available to investors and the public as part of the ICO documentation.
Legal reviews are private legal opinions from a lawyer to a client upon his request. Private review may or may not include recommendations, but are in-depth conclusions that take multiple dimensions into account. Click here for an example.
- General structure of the project, translation of the smart contracts and/or tokenomics into legal language.
- Legal Compliance: define the direct and indirect legal ecosystem of a project, and whether the project complies with applicable laws and regulations.
- Data Privacy and GDPR is a substantial part of any blockchain project and due to the traceable and immutable character of transaction records. It is nowadays essential to provide a legal opinion about data privacy and GDPR compliance as soon as a project has points of contacts with any State applying similar regulations, in or outside the EU.
- Tax and Jurisdiction issues allow investors to know more about the tax regime applicable to the project, the qualification of the tokens as securities, utilities, or else.
- KYC review of classic elements of identification of the company, and inclusion of additional elements of KYC if applicable.
Investors KYC (Know Your Company)
- Investors’KYC has been imagined for founders to offer even more trust to their investors in a sector with a high risk of fraud or fake ICO.
- The KYC process is based on independent legal authorities which are recognized at the European and international level and which statements are receivable in Court as evidence of facts. The authority differs from a judicial system or another, USA will notarize the process, while EU continental systems will recourse to bailiffs and “huissiers”.
- The added value of MDTI first resides the in the follow-up for the duration of the ICO, and common standards for all our clients.
- Secondly, it can be adapted to a blockchain service of your choice and as such offers a valid and reliable Proof of Authority .
Team and Advisor Contracts
- Team contracts close a deal between the entrepreneur and the Post-ICO team, which are not yet employed but may already be part of your project. Team members are the main asset of the company, without which the best idea may fail. Pre-ICO detail the condition to apply in case of successful ICO and other various conditions.
- Advisors contracts summarize the agreement between founders and their advisors.
- The ICO is a one-shot attempt that should be lauched once all details have been examined and the project corrected accordingly. New laws and regulations appear regularily, hence the necessity to ensure that legal terms are safe and up-to-date.
- Post-ICO legal operations are diverse and start with the execution of smart contracts, and extends to renting new offices, additional staff, entering new contracts, and more.
- Read more about our Externalized legal services for businesses.